Yogurt drinks are popular the world over. In India, it is known as Lassi, a thick, creamy, delicious concoction, either sweet or lightly spiced prepared with yogurt/curd.
Hi friends! Sweet lassi is a delicious summertime drink that, if taken when the sun is at its peak, keeps you cool. It is also fortifying with its protein and calcium content. You can make sweet lassi in a variety of different ways using the same basic curd stock. Here is how to make sweet lassi. This is the basic sweet lassi.
Preparation Time : 2-3 minutes
Cooking Time : 1 minute
Serves : 2
Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
- 2 cups Curd/Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chilled Milk
- 1/2 cup crushed ice cubes
Put the curd in a blender, add milk and crushed ice cubes. Add sugar, Cardamom powder.
Whisk the ingredients well in the blender. Serve chilled and frothy, this very refreshing beverage.
Note: You can enhance/enrich the flavor further by topping with a dollop of cream.
Health Benefits of sweet Lassi/ yogurt drink:
- Lassi, derived from curds, is full of calcium, vitamin D, A and proteins.
- Lassi also has lactobacillus.
- According to ayurveda curds are heavy to digest but lassi is lighter to digest.
- Lassi also keeps you cool in summer.
- Lassi is said to promote digestion.
- You can enjoy sweet lassi after lunch but keep in mind not to lunch too heavily!
- Lassi is filling and you can drink only one big, tall glass and avoid lunch, thus helping you stay fortified while keeping weight in control.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.