Hi friends!Nothing can beat the satisfaction that a glass of home lassi offer. Go ahead, drink up!
Cook time: 2-3 minutes
- 500 gms (2 1/2 cup)Curd (yogurt)
- 500 ml (cold) (2 1/2 cups)water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 green chili seeds removed and finely chopped
- Few coriander leaves
Put curd, salt, cumin powder, ginger powder, black pepper powder, green chili pieces in a blender jar, blend the ingredients very well.
Add water and crushed ice, blend again.
Serve chilled in glasses garnishing with fresh coriander leaves. Can be refrigerated and stored for a day or two.
Curd benefits for health:
Curd improves the digestion, the nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by our digestive system. It also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. When taken along with spicy food, it cools down and neutralizes the heat that these foods create.
Some people, who cannot consume milk because they are lactose intolerant, can safely use curd as milk substitute. It converts the lactose present in milk to lactic acid, making it easier to digest. Also, we do not lose out on the nutritional boost that milk provides us.
Health benefits of the Buttermilk:
– Buttermilk has acid in it which fights germs and bacteria and helps clear stomach and aid digestion.
– It is very helpful for those who are looking to lose weight.
– It is a rich source of Vitamin B12 and so is believed to help fight anaemia and stress.
– Since it contains electrolytes and lots of water, it is the best treat to give to your body to fight dehydration.
– After having a heavy, oily and spicy meal, buttermilk works best to drain out excessive fat from the body and making your stomach light.
– Buttermilk also works as one of the best remedies to treat acidity.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.