Spinach pasta :Fusilli (Twisted Pasta curls)
Pasta: A dish originally from Italy consisting of dough made from durum wheat and water, extruded or stamped into various shapes and typically cooked in boiling water.
Hi friends! Spinach Fusilli: (Twisted Pasta like curls) pasta is a delicious. The boiled Fusilli is tossed with spinach, and served hot, with garlic bread.
Main Ingredients: Fusilli: Twisted Pasta like curls, white sauce, pureed spinach
Course: Noodles and Pastas
Cooking Level :Easy
Preparation Time: 25-30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 200 gms Fusilli pasta(Twisted Pasta curls )
- 3 tcups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tsp Oregano
For white sauce:
- 3 cup milk
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour / Maida
- 50 gms butter
- 4 cubes processed cheese, finely grated
- 11/2 tsp salt or / salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
In a sauce pan boil 500 ml water, 1 tbsp oil (because of the oil the pasta doesn’t stick together after boiling), when the water starts boiling, add Fusilli/ Twisted Pasta curls, let it boil for 14-15 minutes (pasta is approx. 90% cooked). drain and keep the pasta aside.
Take finely chopped spinach in a pressure cooker add 1/4 cup of water place pressure cooker on high flame. The moment full pressure is formed, switch off the stove.
Let the pressure cool down to room temperature. Open the lid and remove the steamed spinach in a bowl. Puree the spinach in a blender and keep aside.
For white sauce:
Take a heavy bottom pan heat the butter, add the all purpose flour/maida , fry on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
Pour milk gently in to the pan and keep on stirring. Mix flour and milk and on medium flame continue stirring till sauce starts thickening slowly. Add grated cheese, pepper , oregano, pureed spinach and mix well.
When the sauce starts to thicken and reaches to thick pouring consistency, fold in the pasta and mix well. Switch off the stove.
Serve hot the delicious pasta with garlic bread or potato fingers!
Health Benefits of Spinach. Low in fat and even lower in cholesterol, spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.