vegetable pasta with mixed vegetables is a simple and delicious dish
Prep time:20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time:50 minutes
Recipe type: Main course
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour/maida
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cups chopped white button mushrooms
- ½ cup green peas
- 1/2 cup French beans, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, finely cubed
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum, finely chopped
- 2-3 baby corns, Sliced vertically through the centre
- 1 onion medium size, finely chopped
- 2-3, cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 2 tbsp butter/ clarified butter
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar or powdered cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp salt or/ salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
In a pressure cooker, but for capsicum add all the chopped vegetables, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 tsp of salt. Switch off the heat after one whistle. Let it cool and keep the steamed vegetables aside.
In a sauce pan boil water with salt add the pasta and cook the pasta for three minutes or till it is well cooked. Add a tsp of cooking oil in the pasta when it is getting cooked. Drain the pasta rinse with running water and keep aside.
In a pan heat butter on a low flame, add onions and garlic. Saute till the onions become translucent.
Add the chopped capsicum and saute till they are softened and almost cooked.
Add the chopped steamed veggies and stir well. saute for a minute. Switch off the stove, keep aside the sauteed mix vegetables.
For white sauce:
Take a heavy bottom pan add the all purpose flour/maida , dry roast on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
Pour milk gently in to the pan and keep on stirring. Mix flour and milk and on medium flame continue stirring till sauce starts getting thickened slowly. Add salt, pepper and oregano, basil, dry mint powder, chili flakes and mix well.
When the sauce starts to thicken and reaches to thick pouring consistency, fold in the pasta and sautéed vegetables mix well. Switch off the stove.
Serve vegetable pasta hot garnished with little grated cheese or powdered cheese.
Note: As an accompaniment to the pasta, serve garlic bread and tomato soup.