For white sauce:
- 2 tablespoon Fine flour / all purpose flour/maida
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 teacups Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt/or salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper powder
Vegetables & cheese-
- 200gms Pizza cheese (Mozzarella cheese-shredded)
- 200 gms Potatoes (Boiled)
- 100 gms. French beans (Finely chopped)
- 100 gms. Carrots (Peeled and diced)
- 100 gms. Capsicum (Cut into small pieces)
- 100 gms. Peas (Shelled)
- 100 gms. Cauliflower (Florets cut into small pieces)
- 1 level tsp Salt/ or salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- Knob of butter
For the white sauce
Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the flour. Cook for few minutes without browning the Fine flour / all purpose flour/maida, stirring throughout.
Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk. Mix until well blended.
Return to heat and cook slowly, stirring throughout until the sauce thickens. Add salt, pepper. This sauce is used with the vegetables.
Take all the fresh vegetables in a pressure cooker, add 1/4 cup of water & ½ teaspoon of salt. As the pressure is formed in the cooker switch off the gas open the pressure cooker and strain out the vegetables & keep aside
Take the steamed vegetables, put in white sauce, mix well.
Take a greased baking dish, put in one portion of mixed vegetables in white sauce in the baking dish. Cover it with little bit of shredded cheese. Put in a second layer of mixed vegetables on it, Cover it with little shredded cheese.
Finally, put the layer of coarsely mashed potatoes with a knob of butter and cover with the remaining shredded cheese.
Bake in moderately hot oven till the top layer is golden and the cheese has melted.
Serve hot with garlic bread slices or dinner rolls and tomato soup.