Hi friends! Lassi is popular refreshing and one of the most loved drink of India, a tastier way to add the summer flavors to this traditional drink is the addition of yummy ripe mangoes. This is ideal for healthy skin and provides the goodness of mangoes along with the benefits of yogurt.
Level of cooking: Easy
Total Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 4minutes
Cook Time: 1 minutes
Cuisine : Indian, North Indian, Punjabi
Serving : 2
- 2 cups Curd / yogurt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- a small pinch salt
- 1 mango medium size, cut into cubes /or 1 cup canned mango slices
Wash the mango well, peel it and cut into small cubes.
Take a blender jar, put mango cubes, Curd, sugar and cardamom powder in the blender.
Close the lid and whip all the ingredients together till smooth. Serve Chilled.
Note: Adjust sugar quantities depending on the sweetness of the mango. Best Mango Lassi is made with mangoes without fiber.
Health benefits of Mango lassi:
- Mango Lassi is sweet Indian-style, smoothie-like drink is a blend of fresh mango, tangy plain yogurt, and milk. Low-fat or fat-free milk and mango keep saturated fat in check while delivering healthful calcium, potassium, and vitamin D. Mango Lassi Stimulates weight loss
- Mangoes are fat-free, cholesterol-free and salt-free. There is only 1% fat, 0% cholesterol and 0% sodium in 1 mango. Mangoes do not make you fat even if you eat them every day. For example, if you incorporate three mangoes (400 calories) as part of the calories you need each day, you will not gain weight.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.