Guacamole (Spanish: [wakaˈmole]; or [ɡwakaˈmole] ; can informally be referred to as “guac” in North America) is an avocado-based dip or salad first created by the Aztecs in what is now Mexico. In addition to its use in modern Mexican cuisine, it has also become part of American cuisine as a dip, condiment and salad ingredient.
Hi friends! Here is the recipe of an all time favorite dip you will relish with mashed avocado mixed with chopped onion, tomatoes, chili, black pepper, and minced garlic .
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1 lime, juice / 2 tbsp juice
- 1 small onion, / 1/2 cup very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 medium size tomato, seeded and diced finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander /cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
Cut the avocado in half , remove the pit and scoop the pulp with a spoon from their shells in a mixing bowl. Mash the pulp well with a fork.
Add to the scooped avocado pulp, lime juice , salt, pepper powder, mix well. Fold in the onions, seeded and finely chopped green chilies and, tomatoes, cilantro, and minced garlic.
Serve with fresh tortilla chips, unsalted rice cakes or multi grain biscuits.
Health Benefits of Avocado:
Most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, while avocado is high in healthy fats. Numerous studies show that it has powerful beneficial effects on health. Here are 12 health benefits of avocado, that are supported by scientific research.
1. Avocado is Incredibly Nutritious.What we refer to as “avocado” is the fruit of the avocado tree, called Persea americana .This fruit is prized for its high nutrient value and is added to all sorts of dishes due to its good flavor and rich texture. It is the main ingredient in guacamole.
2. They Contain More Potassium Than Bananas.potassium is a nutrient that most people aren’t getting enough of .This nutrient helps maintain electrical gradients in the body’s cells and serves various important functions.
3. Avocado is Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids
4. Avocados Are Loaded With Fiber.Fiber is another nutrient found in relatively large amounts in avocado.
5. Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
6. People Who Eat Avocados Tend to be Healthier.The Fat in Them Can Help You Absorb Nutrients From Plant Foods When it comes to nutrients, the total amount of them is not the only thing that matters.
7. Avocados Are Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants That Can Protect The Eyes Not only do avocados increase antioxidant absorption from other foods, they are also high in antioxidants themselves.
8. Avocado May Help Prevent Cancer. There is limited evidence that avocado may be beneficial in preventing cancer.
9. Avocado Extract May Help Relieve Symptoms of Arthritis.
10. Eating Avocado May Help You Lose Weight.
11. Avocado is Delicious and Easy to Incorporate in The Diet. Not only are avocados healthy, they’re also incredibly delicious and go with all sorts of foods.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.