Meethi Seviyan / Sweet Vermicelli
Vermicelli (Italian: [vermiˈtʃɛlli], lit. “little worms”) is a traditional type of pasta round in section similar to spaghetti. In Italy vermicelli is slightly thicker than spaghetti, but in the United States it is instead slightly thinner.
Rakhi/Raksha Bandhan Special
To make the Desserts made with seviyan, meethi seviyan/Semiyan, today I have used the handmade vermicelli. The handmade ones are healthier, taste the same but are also available in whole wheat flour. These seviyan/Semiya are shorter and slightly thicker, they add to the taste!
Recipe Servings: 6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 2 tea cups seviyan/Semiyan/Vermicelli
- 6 Green Cardamoms /peeled and powdered
- 2 cloves
- 2 Tb spoon Almond Slivered
- 1 tea Cup Sugar
- 11/2 tea Cups water
- 2 Tb spoons Clarified butter/Ghee
In a heavy bottom pan fry the seviyan/Semiyan/Vermicelli in ghee,add cloves, stirring continuously till they turn light golden brown .
Add water to the fried seviyan/Semiyan/Vermicelli and bring it to boil. When the water starts boiling reduce the heat , cover and cook till 90% cooked.
Add sugar, powdered green cardamom powder to the cooked seviyan/Semiyan/Vermicelli. Stir to mix sugar well and let it cook through till all the water has evaporated.
Serve garnished with slivered Almond .
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.