This simply delicious chutney recipe is contributed by Mrs. Rohini G Tirupathi.
Hi friends!Raw mango is one of the healthiest fruits you can try out in the beginning of summer. Raw mango is loved not just for its taste but also for the numerous health benefits it has. This mango chutney is made with raw mangoes and can be stored in an air-tight container. Try out this healthy recipe.
- 1 kg Green Mangoes (raw) grated
- 1 kg Sugar
- 10 to 12 chopped Garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin seed,roasted and powdered
- 3-4 tbsp Vinegar
Wash, peel and grate the mangoes in a bowl.
Add sugar and mix it well with the pulp without adding water.
Cook with chopped garlic till a drop of it set on a cold plate.
Remove from the gas and add the spices.
When cold, add the vinegar.
Bottle it in sterilized jars.
Note: Raw mangoes contains vitamin A and Vitamin E that is said to maintain hormonal balance in the body. Eating unripe mangoes with salt prevents the excessive loss of water from the body, and helps to quench thirst. In summers, it is the most sought after food because it is said to prevent heat stroke and is also used as a medicine against the same.
Health benefits of raw mangoes:
- Treat blood disorders: Raw mangoes are extremely beneficial in treating blood disorders because of their high Vitamin C content. Vitamin C increases the elasticity of the blood vessels and boosts the formation of new blood cells. It also aids the absorption of iron and prevents bleeding tendencies besides increasing body resistance against TB, anaemia, cholera and dysentery.
- Treatment of Scurvy: Dried mango powder is highly beneficial in treating Scurvy.
- Indigestion and constipation:Raw mangoes are good for hormonal health.
- They contain Vitamin B that helps you retain good health. They also help with indigestion and constipation problems. Furthermore, they cleanse the intestine and clear off many other infections. Raw mango contains vitamin A and Vitamin E that enhances one’s hormonal system.
- Prevent dehydration
- Eating unripe mangoes with salt prevents the excessive loss of water from the body, and helps to quench thirst. In addition, it also protects one from the negative effects of very high temperature. Drinking unripe mango juice prevents the excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron to excessive sweating.
- Treats gastro-intestinal disordersUnripe mango juice is nutritious. Unripe mangoes are a rich source of pectin, which if mixed with honey and salt, is highly beneficial in treating gastro-intestinal disorders. It is also considered as very effective medicine for diarrhea, piles, morning sickness, chronic dyspepsia, indigestion and constipation.
- Treat liver disorders Unripe mangoes help in treating liver disorders because they increase the secretion of bile acids and clean the intestines of bacterial infections. They also have more Antioxidants and Vitamin C than ripe mangoes. These antioxidant properties protect the body against cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.