Hi friends! learn yet another variety of chutney. This is super easy chutney which can be made in less than 4-5 minutes
Prep time:5 minutes
Total time:6-7 minutes
Recipe type: Chutney
Cuisine: south Indian
- ½ cup grated fresh coconut
- 1/2 cup curd/ yogurt
- ¼ cup roasted chana dal / bengal gram
- 1 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt / or as required
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal (husked Black gram dal)
- 2 tsp Olive oil
Put fresh coconut, roasted chana dal , green chillies, salt and curd, in a grinder and blend the ingredients to a smooth chutney. Remove the chutney into a bowl from the grinder jar.
Heat oil in a small pan.Put mustard seeds , the curry leaves and urad dal, fry a bit. When mustard crackles, switch off the heat.
Add the seasoning to the chutney.Check the salt and adjust as per your taste.Serve the coconut chutney with idlies, dosas,Chana dal vada or uttapams.
Note: Refrigerate for one or two days and use as required
Health Benefits of Coconuts:
- Lower cholesterol
• Improve digestion
• Ward off wrinkles
• Stabilize glucose levels
• Fight off viruses
• Build cells
• Regulate hormones
• Increase thyroid production
• Lose weight
• Increase metabolism
• Fight infections
• Stave off memory loss
• Kill bacteria
• And more!
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.