Kaddu / Pumpkin Ambal
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 250 gms Kashiphal/ Kaddu /Pumpkin orange one
- 6 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 4 tbsp Jaggery , powdered
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds/ Methi seeds
- 2/3 tsp Cumin seeds/ jeera
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp Red chilies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt/ or salt to taste
- 1 cup water
Cut the pumpkin / kashiphal into small squares.
Heat oil and put fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds. As the seeds turn brown add turmeric and red chillies to your taste.
Put in the Kashiphal /Pumpkin. Fry ,cover and cook till tender and leaves oil.
Meanwhile soak tamarind in a small amount of water, remove the seeds , pour this thick paste into the pumpkin/kaddu and put half cup of water, simmer.
As it simmers put jaggery into it and boil till it melts.
Serve with rice.
Tasty ambal which is a dogree dish of jammu is ready to be served. It goes well with rajma and helps digest it.