Hi ! Friends here is a refreshing fruit salad recipe. Served regularly as part of main meals, is a way of eating a good variety of fresh, seasonal fruit daily. This by itself will brighten up any meal, and it tastes great at any time of day!
Recipe will serve: 2
- 1 apple sliced and cut into small cubes
- 1 banana, ripe but firm, sliced into discs
- 1Guava sliced, cut into small cubes
- 1 Pear sliced, cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Black salt
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Wash, dry and cut the apple, pear in to small cubes, peel and dice the bananas.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the fruit cubes, and banana discs.
Spread the lemon juice on the cut fruit, in the mixing bowl. Sprinkle black salt , pepper and table salt on the fruit pieces, toss well. Serve freshly prepared salad at room temperature.
Many different varieties of seasonal fruits can be used to make the dish.
About the Fruit used:
- The Pear is a fleshy pome, or fruit, of a rosaceous tree (Pyrus communis), cultivated in many varieties in temperate climates; also, the tree which bears this fruit.
- Guava is a round edible yellow tropical fruit of a small tropical tree with pink or white flesh and hard seeds and a strong sweet aroma .
- Banana is a long curved fruit which grows in clusters and has soft pulpy flesh and yellow skin when ripe. Cluster of bananas is called: a bunch of bananas .The tropical and subtropical palm-like plant which bears bananas, having very large leaves but lacking a woody trunk is from Genus Musa, family Musaceae: several species, in particular M. sapientum
- Apple a round fruit with firm, white crisp flesh and a green, red, or yellow skin. It is fruit of a tree of the rose family.Many varieties have been developed for eating or as dessert or cooking fruit or for making cider.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.