Dates / Khajur Ladoos
Hi friends! Tasty laddoo made with a combination of dates and dry fruits.There is no sugar added in this recipe!
Preparation Time :15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 15 Ladoos
Cuisine: Indian, North Indian
Course: Indian deserts
- 275 gms Dates, seeded
- 30 gms Almonds
- 30 gms Cashew nuts
- 30 gms Pistachios
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Gum resin /gond, fried and powdered
- 3 tbsp Poppy seeds /Khuskhus
- 6 Green cardamoms, powdered
Take the dates , remove the seeds and coarsely grind in a mixer and transfer into a bowl.
Dry roast lightly the nuts in a non stick heavy bottom pan, keep aside to cool. When cooled coarsely grind cashew nuts, almonds and pistachios. Keep aside.
Heat one tablespoon of ghee in a pan, add gum resin and fry till golden brown. Drain and cool ,make a powder keep aside.
In the same pan, add the poppy seeds, roast them lightly, remove and keep aside .
In the same pan, add 1 tbsp ghee add dates and mix well. Sauté till dates are heated. Remove into a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
Add coarsely ground roasted nuts, green cardamom powder and crushed gum resin,poppy seeds to the dates. Mix everything well switch off the stove.
Cool the dates mixture, divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small lemon size ladoos.
Cool ladoos and store in an airtight container.
Possible health Benefits of Dates:
- Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A1 and C.
- It helps improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
- Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack. Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
- Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researchers have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke. Dates also help in lowering of the LDL cholesterol.
- Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages. Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
- It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
- Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
- Cures abdominal cancer. The best thing is that it does not have any side effect on the body and is completely natural as well as it works better than medicine. It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well. Cures abdominal cancer. The best thing is that it does not have any side effect on the body and is completely natural as well as it works better than medicine. It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.