Raw Banana Cutlets
Hi Friends! Another of my never failing , healthy, delicious cutlet recipe with raw bananas and potatoes. It can be ready in no time, a perfect tea time snack.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Course : Healthy snack/Appetizers
Cooking time : 30 minutes
- 400 gms Raw bananas
- 2 medium size boiled Potatoes / to give 2/3 cup mashed
- 2 tbsp Buckwheat flour/Kuttu ka aata
- 2/3 level tsp salt /or salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 green chili , finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp Green coriander/ Cilantro / dhaniya , finely chopped
- 10 Cashew nuts, lightly roasted, and cut into small pieces
- Oil – to fry cutlets
Wash the bananas properly, put bananas in a pressure cooker, add 1/2 cup of water. Close the cooker lid and place the pressure cooker on a high flame. The moment full pressure is formed, switch off the stove. When cooker cools down to the room temperature, open the lid and take out the bananas. Remove the peel of each banana, mash in a mixing bowl and keep aside.
Place the bananas in a microwave safe dish and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. When bananas cool down to the room temperature, remove the peel from all bananas and mash. Keep mashed bananas aside.
Wash the potatoes properly, and put in a pressure cooker, add 1/2 cup of water. Close the cooker lid and place the pressure cooker on a high flame. The moment full pressure is formed, switch off the stove. When cooker cools down to the room temperature, open the lid and take out the potatoes. Remove and peel the potatoes, mash in a mixing bowl and keep aside.
In a mixing bowl take mashed potatoes, bananas, buckwheat flour / Kutu ka aata,salt, black pepper, green chilies, grated ginger and green coriander. Mix all the ingredients well . Divide the mixture into eight equal portions and keep aside.
In a non-stick pan take two tbsp oil and heat. Take each portion of the mixture in your hands, roll it into a round ball then press gently with your palms to flatten it. Slide gently as many cutlets as the pan can take easily fry in hot oil. Fry on medium flame till both sides turn light golden brown. Carefully take out the cutlets in a tray lined with the paper kitchen towel.
Serve hot with coriander / mint chutney.
- For best results, while using boiled potatoes, for preparing any type of cutlets , do not use the potatoes immediately after they are boiled. Cool them in the fridge for 1/2 an hour or so and then use for making the cutlets.
- If NOT making cutlets for fast/Navratri vrats, you can use corn flour instead of Buckwheat flour/Kuttu ka aata
The Health Benefits of Green Bananas :
4 Body Benefits of Green Bananas
GREEN BANANAS ARE HIGH IN FIBER.
Just one cup of boiled green bananas contains 3.6 g of fiber, which satisfies 14 percent of your daily value! And as you may or may not already be aware, there is a decent correlation between the consumption of high fiber food and lowered instances of disease, such as diabetes. Bottom line? The stuff is good for you.
GREEN BANANAS INCREASE YOUR BODY’S ABILITY TO ABSORB NUTRIENTS.
Green bananas contain compounds called short chain fatty acids (SCFAs), which nourish the cell tissue lining of the small intestine, dramatically enhancing the body’s capacity to absorb nutrients .
GREEN BANANAS ARE HIGH IN POTASSIUM.
Just like yellow bananas, green bananas are just as high in potassium. For instance, just one cup of boiled green bananas contains 531 mg of potassium. Compare this with the American Heart Association’s recommended intake of 4,700 mg of potassium per day.
GREEN BANANAS CONTAIN RESISTANT STARCH.
By definition, resistant starch (RS) is any starch that is not digested in the small intestine but passes to the large bowel. And according to research conducted by Janine Higgins of the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, there is strong evidence to suggest that RS intake is associated with several changes in metabolism which may have positive health benefits such as:
- Decreases glycemic and insulinemic responses
- Lowers plasma cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations
- Improves whole body insulin sensitivity
- Increases satiety, and reduces fat storage.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.