Hi friends! A pancake or hotcake, griddlecake is a flat cake, often round, prepared from a starch-based batter that may contain eggs, milk and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan, often frying with oil or butter. In Britain, pancakes are often unleavened and resemble a crêpe.
History: The ancient Greeks and Romans ate pancakes, sweetened with honey; the Elizabethans ate them flavored with spices, rosewater, sherry, and apples. They were traditionally eaten in quantity on Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day, a day of feasting and partying before the beginning of Lent.
Prep Time : 15-20 minutes
Cook time : 11-15 minutes
Level Of Cooking : Easy
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1cup oats flour
- 2 cups palm sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 18 Almonds, powdered
- 6 Walnut kernels, powdered
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Clarified butter/pure ghee for frying
In a mixing bowl take whole wheat flour, Oats flour, baking soda, Palm sugar, milk, Almond, walnut powder, mashed bananas, salt and mix the ingredients to thick pouring consistency.
Heat a little ghee on a non stick griddle/tawa and pour ladle full batter on it and spread a little gently.
Cook till golden brown on both the sides. Serve hot with honey or cubed strawberries.
Adding mashed, grated or chopped fruits or vegetables to your pancake batter adds vitamins and minerals as well as flavor.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.