The French believes salad improves digestion after a meal. … For the Americans, they eat their salad before or during a meal. Eating your Les Salades first actually helps with weight control because you get to eat more vegetables and eat less of the main course.
Hi friends! Here is the recipe of a delicious salad. I keep this dressing simple — just adding a little Dijon mustard and a nice, balsamic vinegar.
- 1 medium size potato, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 small Onion, thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 cup walnut kernels, soaked in water for an hour
For salad dressing:
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard, or other grainy mustard
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Wash the lettuce leaves and soak in salt water for 1 hour , take out from the water and dry the lettuce leaves. Cut four lettuce leaves, keep aside.
Cut one boiled potato into small cubes, Cut onions in to thin slices, cut the walnut kernels into halves, keep aside.
In a large bowl, place the cut lettuce leaves, cubed potatoes, onion slices, cut walnut kernels. Drizzle in half of the oil and vinegar dressing season with salt. Using fork, gently toss the salad to combine. Add the remaining dressing, The salad should not be soggy.
To serve, take a bowl line it with 3-4 lettuce leaves and pour the tossed salad in to it and serve immediately.
Health Benefits Of Lettuce:
Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Lettuce possesses anti-inflammatory properties that help in controlling inflammation.
Protects Neuronal Cells: Neurons are brain cells that form physical connections to make up memory.
Lowers Cholesterol Levels: Lettuce can be beneficial in lowering cholesterol levels that often lead to cardiovascular disease and other dangerous conditions.
Antioxidant Properties: Studies have shown that lettuce possesses antioxidants with significant free radical-scavenging capabilities.
Antimicrobial Properties: The latex of lettuce possesses antimicrobial properties. Candida albicans and a number of other yeasts were completely deformed upon coming into contact with the latex from lettuce.
Anti-Cancer Properties: Lettuce leaf extracts can control certain type of cancer. Research on human cancer cells, particularly leukemia cells and breast cancer cells, were controlled to a significant extent after being treated with lettuce extracts.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.