Hi friends! For many coffee drinkers, summer doesn’t begin until they make the switch from hot coffee to iced coffee.
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Makes 2 glasses
- 3 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 tsp drinking chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (one scoop per glass)
- 3 tbsp sugar
Combine coffee powder, sugar and milk in a blender jar and blend. Blend for a few seconds till it becomes frothy.
Add ice and blend again.
Take the glasses, and pour the cold coffee. Serve chilled, topped with vanilla ice-cream cube and sprinkling of drinking chocolate powder.
Health Benefits of cold coffee:
Cold-brew coffee is better for your stomach.When coffee beans are heated up, they release acidic oils. According to testing using the Toddy system, the acid levels in cold-brew coffee are about a third of the levels in hot coffee.
There are definitely benefits to cold-brewed coffee because it’s more alkaline. The body functions best when in a relatively alkaline state.
A more alkaline drink helps your digestive system, which explains why your stomach flips with hot coffee but stays stable with a cold-brew.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition, Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.