Apricot Jam tartsJam Tarts
Hi friends! A little of pastry and a bit of jam makes a very fine Jam Tart. We can make them big or small and while delicious as they are, can make them tastier and very good with a small blob of whipped cream or a sprinkling of finely chopped nuts!
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- All purpose flour (maida) 250 gm
- Butter 100 gm
- Sugar 5 teaspoons
- Egg 1 yolk only
- Baking powder ½ teaspoon
- Milk ¼ cup
- Jam of choice for filling the tarts
Mix sugar, butter and egg yolk.
Add flour, baking powder and milk and mix nicely. Prepare a smooth dough.
Divide the dough in 3-4 small portions. Roll each portion to 1/8” thickness.
With a medium size cookie cutter cut the pastry into smaller pieces and place the pieces in the tart moulds.
Prick the dough with a fork. Bake at 160 C for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven.
Cool and fill with a teaspoon full of jam and serve.
- Can garnish with a dollop of whipped cream or sprinkle with finely chopped nuts.
- Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.