Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Level : Easy
Category: Healthy Breakfast
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium size onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup French beans finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Broccoli florets cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green peas shelled
- 1/2 cup carrots finely cubed
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper/ capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried watermelon seed kernels
- 1 level tsp salt / or salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Almonds, sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
Take a sauce pan put Quinoa in it, add water, on high flame bring it to boil, reduce the heat to low flame until water is absorbed and quinoa looks a bit like sprouts. Keep aside.
Take all the chopped vegetables but for capsicum, in the pressure cooker, add 1/4 cup water and 1/2 tsp of salt in the cooker. (After One whistle switch off the heat). Cool it, and keep the steamed vegetables aside.
Take a kadahi / wok, heat olive oil in it, add onions and sauté onions till light golden. Add chopped green bell pepper/ Capsicum, sliced almonds,watermelon seed kernels, fry for few more minutes.
To the fried onions, green bell pepper/ capsicum, add all the steamed vegetables, sauté for few minutes.
Add ,cooked Quinoa, salt to the sautéed vegetables , add juice of lemon, mix well.
Serve hot for a delicious and very healthy breakfast !