Hi friends! Chutney (also chatney or chatni) is a family of condiments associated with South Asian cuisine made from a highly variable mixture of spices, vegetables, or fruit.As with other condiments such as relish or mustard, chutneys are based on a wide range of recipes and preparation methods, they vary widely by geography, they can range from a wet to dry or coarse to fine and they can be combined with a wide variety of foods or used for dipping.The word “chutney” derives from the Sanskrit word caṭnī, meaning to lick.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Recipe type: Chutney
Cuisine: south Indian
- 2 cups grated fresh coconut
- ¼ cup roasted chana dal / bengal gram dal
- 1/2 cup fresh Curry leaves
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 2/3 tsp salt / or as required
Put fresh coconut, roasted chana dal , Curry leaves , green chillies, salt, in a grinder and blend the ingredients to a smooth chutney. Remove the chutney into a bowl from the grinder jar.
Serve the coconut chutney with idlies, dosas,Chana dal vada or uttapams etc.
Note: Refrigerate for one or two days and use as required
Health Benefits of Coconuts:
- Lower cholesterol
• Improve digestion
• Ward off wrinkles
• Stabilize glucose levels
• Fight off viruses
• Build cells
• Regulate hormones
• Increase thyroid production
• Lose weight
• Increase metabolism
• Fight infections
• Stave off memory loss
• Kill bacteria
• And more!
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.