Whole Wheat flour Halwa
What is whole wheat flour? Whole wheat literally means that the whole grain is used when grinding wheat to make flour. This includes the wheat germ and the bran. The wheat germ is the tiny, nutrition-packed part of each wheat grain that actually allows the seed to germinate and grow. According to the Mayo clinic, the germ is packed with valuable nutrients including thiamin, potassium, magnesium, vitamin E, riboflavin, phosphorus, iron and zinc. Wheat bran is the thin shell of each grain of wheat. It is a valuable source of fiber.
Hi friends! whenever you feel like eating something sweet and nutritious at home wheat Flour Halwa can be made instantly. So here is the recipe of Wheat Flour Halwa for you.
Recipe cook time: 25 minutes
Level : Easy
Cuisine: Indian dessert
- 1 cup (whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 12 Almonds, finely chopped/ slivered
In a wok/ Kadahi, melt the ghee add the wheat flour and stir fry over medium heat, stir it continually for about 8-10 minutes. When the flour is light golden in colour and does not stick together much , it is well fried .
As the flour is getting fried, take water in a pan add the sugar bring it to boil, simmer it till required.
Pour the hot sugar solution into the fried flour gently and carefully, stirring continually. Add half of the almonds and bring to a boil, stir continuously. Once the water is added to the flour mixture, stir well so that no lumps are formed. Flour absorbs the water added.
Thoroughly mix let whole mixture, cook for 5-6 minutes more. keep on stirring so that the wheat flour halwa does not stick to the wok / Kadahi and starts leaving the sides. Wheat flour halwa is ready now.
Serve hot, garnished with the almonds. According to your preference you can serve with Puris too.
Health Benefits of Whole wheat flour:
Why whole wheat is good for you?
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.