Curd- garlic dip
Hi friends! Making this creamy, subtly garlicky hung yogurt/curd, garlic dip is easy. It can also be used as a sandwich spread or as a creamy stuffing for pita bread.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Dips or dipping sauce are used as accompaniments to add flavor to a food, such as pita bread, crackers, cut-up raw cucumber, carrots, seafood, meat and cheese, potato fingers, tortilla chips etc. The food is dipped, and eaten. basded on hung curd Dips are commonly used for finger foods, appetizers, and other easily held foods. Thick dips /yogurt, are very delicious and popular. Dip is a very widespread food, and is eaten in various forms all over the world.
- 6 tbsp Hung curd
- 6 cloves Garlic, crushed well
- 1 tsp Mustard paste
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
Mince the garlic cloves using a mortar and pestle. Keep it aside.
Take a mixing bowl, put the hung curd in a bowl and whisk till it becomes really smooth.
Add the vinegar, crushed garlic, salt, mustard paste, sugar and black pepper powder. Whisk again to mix it well.
Serve with carrot, cucumber sticks, bread and other crisps.
Note: You can make different dips out of this basic dip recipe by adding – finely cut green bell pepper, finely chopped up gherkins and olives, finely chopped mint etc.
How to Make Hung Curd:
When whey water gets completely drained from the curd , hung curd is ready. Hung curd is used in many Indian and Middle Eastern dishes and is a great source of calcium.
- Tie fresh curd tightly in muslin or cheesecloth.
- Hang the tied ball for draining water / liquids out. Draining over a sink or bowl is best.
- Wait at least six hours to ensure full draining.
- Take down the bundle.
- We can use a weight on the drained curds to press even more moisture out.
- The HUNG curd can be refrigerated to last a long time without souring.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.