Chana dal Dosa / Bengal gram dal dosa
Chana Dal: A Nutritious Boost for Your Weight Loss Diet
Different legumes and pulses benefit any diet because they are high in protein and other nutrients that contribute to proper nutrition. When you are on a weight loss program, eating balanced meals is essential to achieve your goals. In Eastern cuisine, chickpeas and its varieties are widely in use and they are often included in several curry dishes. Chana dal is one of such varieties that provides good nutrition .
- 1 cup Chana dal /Bengal gram dal
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2/3 level tsp Salt or / salt as required
- 1/4 tsp Hing / Asafetida
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Olive Oil for fryingMethod:
Wash well and soak the Chana dal /Bengal gram dal in water overnight.
With little water from the soaked dal grind the dal with green chilies, chopped onions , Hing / Asafetida
and salt into a batter. Take out the batter in a mixing bowl, keep aside.
Chop the coriander leaves into small pieces and add to the batter.
Heat a nonstick pan/ griddle / tawa and grease it with little oil.
On medium flame pour a ladle full of batter and spread it on the greased nonstick pan/ griddle / tawa
and pour oil around it.
After the dosa is cooked on one side, flip it on the other side and cook on low medium flame. Cook on both the sides, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour. Now remove the Chana dal dosa on a plate. Serve hot with coriander or mint chutney.
Health benefits of chana dal:
This pulse is high in protein as well as dietary fiber that aids digestion and keeps you full for longer. Chana dal is high in fiber and help to lower cholesterol. Apart from having a great taste, it also has a very low glycemic index, which is important for those with diabetes. Chana dal can be a good food for people with diabetes because it has a low glycemic index. Chickpeas are a helpful source of zinc, folate, calcium and protein Chickpeas are low in fat and most of it is polyunsaturated.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.