A dip can be prepared with sour cream, hung curd, olive oil, softened cheese, and/or mayonnaise with herbs and spices added.A dip or dipping sauce is a common condiment for many types of food. Dips are used to add flavor or texture to a food, such as pita bread, dumplings, crackers, cut-up raw vegetables, seafood, cubed pieces of meat and cheese, potato chips, tortilla chips, and falafel. Unlike other sauces, instead of applying the sauce to the food, the food is typically put, dipped, or added into the dipping sauce (hence the name). Dips are commonly used for finger foods, appetizers, and other easily held foods. Thick dips based on sour cream, crème fraiche, milk, yogurt, mayonnaise, soft cheese, or beans are a staple of American hors d’oeuvres and are thinner than spreads which can be thinned to make dips. Dip is a very widespread food, and various forms of dip are eaten all over the world. People have been using sauces for dipping for thousands of years.
Hi friends! Dip:A mixture of ingredients that complements other foods such as raw vegetables, chips, or toast, which are dipped into it. Enjoy this yummy dip on toasted bread fingers.
- 6 tablespoons oil extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar ( I used apple cider)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 sp sugar
- 1/2 sp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper , freshly -ground
- 9 cloves of garlic, minced
In a bowl take olive oil, vinegar, salt, sugar , oregano and pepper whisk all ingredients together in a in a small bowl.
When the mixture starts thickening add minced garlic and whisk some more.
Let the mixture stand for five minutes to rehydrate dried herbs and blend flavors. Mix again and use the delicious dip on toasted bread fingers( toast a brown bread slice in a sandwich toaster, cut into fingers). spread the dip on the fingers or dip the fingers and eat.
Health Benefits of Olive Oil & Bread
Eating fresh whole grain bread dipping in extra virgin olive oil as a side dish with dinner or as a light healthy snack or appetizer can provide health benefits such as:
- A Healthy Cardiovascular System
- Reduction in Strokes, Heart Attacks, and High Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Natural Inflammation Relief
- Younger Youthful Skin, Nails and Hair
- A Stronger Healthy Immune System
- Natural Prevention Against Certain Types of Cancers such as Digestive, Respiratory, Brain and Reproductive Kinds
- Keeps the Mind Healthy and Strong by Enhancing Memory and Reducing Oxidative Stress
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.