Hi friends! A very popular reasonably spiced north Indian preparation.It is a tasty combination of husked moong dal and masoor dal . Dal fry is very delicious quick and easy to make.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Servings : 4
Cuisine: Indian, Punjabi
Course: Dals / lentils
Level Of Cooking : Easy
- 1/2 cup Split husked Moong dal
- 1/2 cup Masoor dal
- 1 medium size Onion, finely chopped
- 2 small size tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 level tsp Salt or / to taste
Wash well and soak moong dal and masoor dal for ten minutes in 500 ml of water.
Pressure cook on high flame the dals in the same water in which it was soaked, with salt, turmeric powder and the red chili powder. The moment full pressure is formed,Switch off the stove.Let the cooker cool down to room temperature, remove the cooked dal in to a serving bowl.
Heat the ghee in a pan. Add the cumin seeds, when cumin starts crackling add chopped onions sauté till golden. Add minced garlic saute till light golden add green chili.
Add this seasoning to the dal, simmer for two minutes, add lime juice and remove from heat. Serve hot.
Possible health benefits of Moong and Masoor dal:
Moong Dal:Moong dal is a dieter friendly dal. This type of dal has minimal calorie and is a rich source of iron and potassium.
Masoor Dal : Masoor dal is very good for people suffering from bile reflux, and it also improves the blood circulation in the body.
Good point of mixed dals:
- Low in saturated fat
- No cholesterol
- Low in sugar
- Very high in dietary fiber
- High in iron
- High in manganese
- High in phosphorus
- High in thiamin
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.