Hi friends! Cauliflower Pulao/Pilaf is an easy recipe which can be prepared as one pot meal! Pulav/Pilaf, a rice dish consumed mainly in Central Asia, South Asia and the Middle East.
1 tea cup Basmati Rice
2 cups Cauliflower tiny florets
15 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Bay leaf /Tej Patta
3-4 Cloves, powdered
3-4 black peppers, powdered
3 black cardamoms
2 ” stick Cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt or salt to taste
3 tbsp Cooking oil
2 tea cups water
Wash well and soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep ready.
Wash the cauliflower florets well under running water. Drain and keep aside.
In a heavy bottom pan take the cooking oil and place it on high flame. Add Bay leaf/Tej patta, Black cardamom, Cinnamon, turmeric ,powdered cloves and pepper. Sauté for few seconds , add garlic paste stir for few seconds .
Add Cauliflower florets to these spices and sauté on medium flame for few more seconds.
Add drained rice, salt and two tea cups of water. Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat. Cover and cook on the slow flame for fifteen minutes or till rice is well cooked.
Serve hot with mint Raita, pickle and papads!
Health benefits of Rice :
The health benefits of rice are many. Rice is the staple grain for more than half the world’s population, especially Asia. Rice is becoming increasingly popular in other parts of the world as well. Rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates which give us the energy we need. According to FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations), rice provides 20 percent of the world’s dietary energy supply.
Rice contains all the amino acids essential for building and maintaining muscle tissue, and make up antibodies, enzymes, and hormones. These amino acids also help maintain healthy skin, hair, eyesight, and nourish the heart, lungs, tendons and ligaments, brain, nervous system and glands.
Rice is low in fat, cholesterol, and sodium and hence makes a perfect food for those with high blood pressure and requiring a low-sodium diet. The calcium in rice (especially brown rice) helps lower blood pressure.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.
One thought on “Cauliflower Pulao/Pilaf”
WOW! Wonderful.so simple with excellent results.