Green Chili Fritters
Hi friends! Green Chili fritters / Pakora are delicious and in winter can be served with a hot cup of Indian masala tea. It’s a simple and easy recipe .
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15minutes
Cuisine : Snacks,
Cuisine: North Indian
- 2 long green chilies / pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Onion
- 1/4 cup boiled mashed potatoes
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Fennel powdered
- 2 tsp dry mango powder/amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or as per taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Oil for deep frying
For the fritter/pakora batter:
- 1 cup gram flour /besan
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2/3 tsp salt or/ as per taste
Wash the chilies, wipe them with kitchen towel, slit each chili lengthwise towards the center vertically without slitting completely as chili has to be stuffed.
Heat two table spoon oil in a pan/wok , add grated onion. Sauté the onion lightly, add mashed potatoes siring and mixing well. Add salt, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, Fennel/saunf powder, and dry mango/amchoor powder, mix well. Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes more, switch off the stove.
Cool the filling mixture to room temperature. Fill the slit chilies with a table spoon of stuffing gently . Keep aside.
In a mixing bowl take the gram flour, rice flour, chili powder ,baking soda and salt.
Gradually add water to make thick batter and whisk the batter until smooth.
Heat oil in a wok/kadai or heavy bottom deep pan.
Dip the stuffed chilies one by one in the batter coating the chili from all sides. Gently slide in the hot oil. Fry big chili one at a time. Fry at medium heat until golden brown in color. Remove with a slotted spoon on a kitchen towel to remove excessive oil .
Serve the Green Chili fritters/ hari mirch pakora with tangy coriander chutney and hot cup of tea.
1.Remove the seeds after slitting the chili.
Health benefits of green chilies:
- Taking spicy dishes with a lot of chilies and fiery capsaicin or green bell pepper in the summer months will result in cooling down your body by sweating process.
- Biting a raw green chillies will result in the pain you feel and help to dissolve blood clots and aids in digestion.
- Intake of it will help a lot in your heart related problems. Eating green chili protects from health problems.
- It increases your metabolism by burning your calories.
- It helps you to keep you in better mood.
- It is a good medicine for arthritis.
- High amounts of the antioxidant beta-carotene, in it supports the cardiovascular system a lot.
- The benefits of eating green chilies for health care of eyes and immune system.
- Helps a lot in blocking the cholesterol content in the body.
- Vitamin A in it will helpful in the health and maintenance of bones, teeth, mucous membranes.
- Vitamin C in it plays a key role in the maintenance of bones, teeth and cartilage.
- It promotes a good health in Intestines.
- It is a good treatment for nerve-related disorders like persistent pain, psoriasis and neuropathy.
- It acts as a natural pain reliever that is potent enough to help treat conditions like osteoarthritis.
- It helps a lot in facial twitching.
- It helps you to keep away from wrinkles.
- It acts as an anti inflammatory medicine for skin related issues.
- It helps maintain the health of the skin.
- Vitamin C in it helps in the cure of wounds.
- As an antioxidant, it strengthens overall health and helps the body fight infections.
- Vitamin C in it will help in providing a glowing skin.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.