- 200 gms Tindas washed and cut into thick slices
- 2 small potatoes cut into thick slices
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masalas
- 2/3 tsp Salt / or salt to taste
- 1/2 a cup of water
Few Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan, add jeera seeds, when the jeera seeds start spluttering , add the onion , saute till they are golden .
- Add ginger-garlic paste , fry for a few minutes add all the spices and fry for a few seconds .
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let it cook till they are well cooked & soft
- Now add the tindas, potato pieces, a little water and cover the pan with a lid .
- Cook on slow fire till they are soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapattis, rice etc.What is Tinda:The tinda and plural called tinday (in Urdu ٹنڈه or ٹنڈے), also called Indian round gourd or apple gourd or Indian Baby Pumpkin, is a squash-like cucurbit grown for its immature fruit, a vegetable especially popular in South Asia. It is the only member of the genus Praecitrullus. “tinda” is also called “tindsi” in rajasthan. In Marathi, it is called Dhemase ढेमसे. In Sindhi language, it is called Meha ميها.