Hi friends !Food is a great indicator of the seasons.Moong Dal Vada is another delicious snack for winter season. The vadas taste is never the same without freshly grated radish served with coriander chutney. It is an amazing experience.
Serving : 6
Cooking time: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup dhuli moong daal /husked green gram,soaked for 3-4 hours
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely grated
- 1 /2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds/ geera
- 1/2 tsp level, baking powder
- 1 level tsp salt or/ salt to taste
- 2 green chilies , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander / cilantro, finely chopped
- Oil for deep-frying
wash and soak moong dal for 3-4 hours. Grind the daal to a smooth and thick consistency with using very little water or no water.
Take out the dal batter in a mixing bowl. Mix cumin seed, salt, chili powder, green chilies, coriander and finely chopped ginger. Mix the ingredients well.
Heat the oil and drop table spoonfuls into the hot oil and fry the vadas, fry to a golden color,drain and keep aside on a paper kitchen towel .
Serve this protein rich snack, hot with coriander chutney or saunth/ tamrind/ imli khatti meethi chutney.
Possible health benefits of Moong dal:
It is used for making the legendary dal tadka and dal fry. It is eaten on a regular basis in every indian household in combination with rice and vegetables. Moong dal is a dieter-friendly dal rich in iron and potassium. Iron helps maintain haemoglobin levels and potassium helps reduce blood pressure, a boon for hypertensive people. It is extremely light and can be easily eaten when you fall ill and even by pregnant women. Moong dal is used for making soups, stews and purees. Boiled moong dal is also used for making delicious spicy parathas.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.