Stuffed Besan/Gram flour Cheela/Pancake
Hi friends! A light , delicious and healthy breakfast or snack time recipe, for everyone.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-6minutes
For the cheela/ pan cake batter:
- 1 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/4 tsp Soda bicarbonate
- 1/4 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Cheela/ pan cake Filling:
- 200 gms Paneer (cottage cheese),grated
- 1 medium Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seed)
- 1/2 tsp Salt /or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
For the batter:
In a bowl mix together gram flour, soda bicarbonate, salt, carom seeds, coriander powder , red chili powder and gradually add sufficient water to make a thick batter of pouring consistency.
Whisk well to make the batter light and smooth, add olive oil to the batter and mix well. Keep aside.
For the filling:
Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a kadai (wok or pan) and sauté onions till light golden.
Add grated cottage cheese, salt and black pepper powder, finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, mix well and fry for 3-4 minutes more. Keep aside.
For the Cheelas / pancakes:
Heat a non stick pan, prove the pan with olive oil ( pore a few drops of olive oil in the pan and spread in the pan), take a small ladle full of batter and spread it evenly and thinly in a circular motion using the back of the ladle.
Cook the cheela on both sides on a moderate heat, using a little more olive oil, till golden brown.
Place a portion of the stuffing on the inner side of the cooked cheela, fold the other side over it and serve hot with fresh coriander chutney.
Health Benefits Gram flour/chick pea flour/besan:
1. Good for your heart
Besan contains soluble fiber, which keeps your heart healthy. The fiber content of the besan flour keeps the cholesterol levels under control and this helps in proper functioning of the heart and healthy blood circulation.
2. Lowers diabetes
Besan is one of the best home remedies to control Diabetes. The lower level of glycemic index keeps Diabetes in check. You can replace wheat flour with the gram flour for making breads and rotis
3. Fights allergies
This is the flour you should use if your are allergic to gluten. This gluten free product ccan be used instead of wheat, which contains gluten. It also contains less calories and is highly nutritious. Besan helps you to fight off many allergic reactions.
4. Helps in weight loss
Besan helps in faster calorie burn because of the lower levels of glycemic index. Consuming besan, will help you to eat lesser calories during the day. Include besan in your daily diet to boost fat burning and up nutritional level
5. Helps in skin tightening
Besan is one of the most effective home remedies for skin care. It tightens and lightens the skin. It also helps in maintaining the skin elasticity. All you have to do is take a spoon of gram flour, add a little bit of turmeric and make a paste using milk. Apply this paste on your face and neck and let it dry. After some time, wash it off with cold water and apply some moisturizer. Regular use of this method will make your skin tight and look younger.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.