Black-eyed beans/ Lobiya salad is colorful and delicious salad, with freshly prepared dressing for a tangy flavor. This is a protein rich easy to make salad.
- 1 cup black-eyed beans/ lobhia
- 1 medium size boiled potato, peeled and cut into very small cubes
- 1 green pepper / Simla mirch finely cut
- 100 gms Paneer / Cottage cheese
- 2 medium size tomatoes seeded and finely chopped , Slice the tomato vertically (from stem top to bottom) into four quarters. Use a sharp knife to carefully slice the seeds away from the tomato flesh. Discard the seeds.
- 1 cucumber cut finely
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1 tbsp finely cut fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
for Salad Dressing:
- 2 tbsp Virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seed, roasted and powdered
Wash and soak the black-eyed beans/ lobiya over night.
Pressure cook the black-eyed beans/ lobiya with salt and water on full flame, as the pressure forms, reduce to low flame for twenty minutes. Switch off the stove, let it cool naturally. In a strainer, strain the lobiya and keep aside in a mixing bowl.
Take a kadhai / wok heat the oil on medium flame. Add boiled black-eyed beans, Paneer/ Cottage cheese and potatoes. Stir-fry for few minutes. Switch off the stove, cool the mixture to room temperature.
Add to fried black-eyed beans, paneer and potatoes, cut tomatoes , cucumber and green pepper, mix well.
Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together. Add the salad dressing to the salad and mix well.
Garnish with the finely cut fresh coriander/ dhaniya leaves, Serve with main course.
Possible Health benefits of black eyed beans:
As Black eyed beans/ Lobiya are fiber rich, they help in keeping the digestive system healthy. The beans have no cholesterol. Black eyed beans/ Lobiya are beneficial for heart as they contain the required fiber, necessary flavonoids and as they are low in calories and fat, make a good ingredient of a weight loss diet plan. This legume is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are known to fight free radical damage in the body and protect from cancer.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.