A delicious salad made with diced vegetables and hung curd sauce dressing.
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 1/2 cup carrots ,peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup French beans , finely cut
- 3 medium size potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium size apple, peeled and cubed
- 3 slices pineapple, cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup cherries, deseeded and halved
- 6-8 Cashew nuts, cut into small pieces(dry roasted in microwave oven for a minute)
- hung curd sauce (obtained from one kg whole milk “Hanging curd”)
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt /or salt to taste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1tsp black pepper- freshly powdered
- 1tsp mustard paste
Ingredients ” Hanging curd “:
- 1 kg fresh whole milk curd
For making “Hung curd”:
Tie fresh curd tightly in muslin cloth. Draining over a sink, hang the tied cloth with curd for draining liquid out. Wait at least three-four hours for full draining. Take down and open the muslin cloth. The curds are now well hung and store in a bowl.
For making “Hung curd Sauce”:
Take the bowl of hung curds mix in, vinegar, mustard paste, 1/4 tsp salt, sugar, black pepper, and fresh cream. Mix well all the ingredients. Keep the sauce refrigerated till fruit and vegetables are ready.
For making the Salad:
In the pressure cooker put all the chopped vegetables ( not the fruit), add 1/4 cup of water 1/4 tsp salt. Place the pressure cooker on a full flame, as soon as the pressure is formed, switch off the stove. Allow it to cool , drain and chill the vegetables. (You can boil or steam the vegetables too.)
When vegetables are cool, add the cut fruit add hung curd sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and dry fruit mix it well
Chill and serve.
Key Ingredients: Green Peas, Carrot, French Beans, Potatoes, apples, pineapple, cherries, hung curd, Salt, Black Pepper, sugar, mustard paste, vinegar
Note: “Hanging curd” is a process by which whey gets drained from the curd. When it is completely drained, you will have hung curd. This ingredient is used in many Indian dishes and is a great source of calcium.