Hi friends! Here is a simple,delicious and very healthy recipe of an Indian side dish of yogurt containing grated fresh coconut and spices. A no flame ,very healthy, tasty, easy to follow curd based recipe.
Prep Time: Under 15 min
Serves: 4 people
- 2 cups Curd / yogurt /dahi
- 2 tbsp fresh Coconut, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil for seasoning
Take curd / yogurt / Dahi in a small bowl and whisk it well.
Add grated coconut, salt, chili powder and again mix them well. Keep the Raita aside.
Take the oil in a small pan, heat and put mustard seeds in it. When mustard starts spluttering add curry leaves, sauté for few seconds. Switch off the heat, pore the seasoning over the Raita. Refrigerate the coconut Raita till you serve.
Coconut health benefits:
This amazing fruit seed coconut offers strong antioxidant properties and health benefits. Coconuts are one of the wonder foods on earth that can amply provide for all human needs and have multiple health benefits. Referred to as kalpa vriksha (Sanskrit for “the tree that supplies all that is needed to live”) in ancient India, the coconut palm has been recognized as a top immune booster, anti fungal, antibiotic, antiviral and antibacterial remedy for thousands of years all over the world. Considered one of the most treasured foods of all time, coconut products — including coconut flesh, coconut water, coconut oil, and coconut cream — each deliver superb health benefits. Coconut-producing regions export coconuts all over the world so it’s relatively easy to find coconuts at your local health food store or Asian grocer.
Curd Health benefits:
Being rich in calcium, curd is good for the health of bones as well as the teeth. For those who have difficulty in the digestion of lactose in milk, yogurt is an important source of calcium. Curd contains an enzyme which breaks down lactose to aid proper digestion.
Curd / Yogurt is rich in vitamin D which helps our body to absorb and use calcium.
Curd / Yogurt helps you feel fuller and is thus, a very good snack for those trying to lose weight.
Eating curd / yogurt on a regular basis can help absorb the nutrients in other foods as well.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.