Prep Time: Under 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 4 cups rice, boiled/or leftovers
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder level
- 2 small size lemons
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal (husked black gram dal)
- 1/2 tsp bengal gram (channa dal)
- 1-2 dried red chilies
- a small pinch of asafetida
- 6-8 fresh curry leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2-3 tsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt or /salt to taste
Cooked rice used for making lemon rice should not be mushy/ overcooked. The rice grains should be separate. (Pre cooked or freshly cooked).
In a wok/ kadahi for tempering , take two tsp of oil and when hot, add mustard seeds. When mustard starts spluttering, add urad dal, chana dal curry leaves, asafetida , roasted peanuts turmeric powder and red chilies sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
Add the rice, salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few minutes, stirring continuously.
Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few second to blend in lemon juice well. Serve hot garnished with fresh finely chopped coriander leaves.