Hi friends! Crispy Chiplets/Namak paras are a traditional Indian savory all time snack. They are tasty and crunchy snack.
- 1 cup maida/ All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds/ Ajwain
- 1/2 cup water
In a bowl, mix all purpose flour and rice flour, oil and salt, carom seeds. Rub in the mix well, till it resembles bread crumbs.
Add water slowly and mix until you get a smooth, soft dough. Divide the dough into equal portions – roughly the size of a big marble. Dust your work space with enough flour and roll out a circle.
Cut the circle in to thin strips.Once all the strips are ready, heat about two cups of oil in a wok or deep bottomed pan and fry them in batches of six to eight strips, until golden on both sides.
Crispy sticks are India’s popular snack item at tea time.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.