Vermicelli / Seviyan Kheer
Hi friends!Vermicelli kheer /Seviya kheer, is one of the traditional dishes of India. It is made in every Indian household for special occasions like Eid, Rakhsha Bandhan or as a dessert throughout the year. In North India it is called Vermicelli / Semiya / Seviya kheer and in south India it is called semiya Payasam.This delicious dessert can be served either warm or chilled.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Servings : 6
Cuisine: Indian , Hyderabad
Course: Desserts, Indian
Level : Easy
- 1 cup Vermicelli
- 1 liter Milk 2
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 12 Cashew nuts
- 12 Raisins
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 6 Green cardamoms, powdered
- 1/4 tsp saffron
Fry Cashew nuts lightly in ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cashew nuts and raisins, keep aside.
In the pan, take vermicelli and stir fry till light golden. Keep aside.
Boil the milk in a deep heavy bottom pan. On slow fire let the milk boil and thicken , when 60% milk is left add fried vermicelli, mix well and cook on low heat for ten minutes.
Add sugar and saffron, cardamom powder, fried cashew nuts and raisins. Mix well and cook on low heat for five minutes. Switch off the stove.
Mix well and serve hot
Note: Vermicelli / Seviyan Kheer/Semiya Payasam is a low Calorie Indian Dessert.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.