Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time : 10-12 min
Serves : 6
Hi friends!Semolina Malpua – A delicious and simple semolina sweet. Sweet semolina mixture is just fried to make this delicious sweet.
- 2/3 cup Semolina
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour / Maida
- 100 gms / 1 cup khoya grated
- 6 Green cardamom seeds, finely powdered
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- 6 tbsp pure ghee or / Oil to fry
For the malpua batter:
In a mixing bowl take the semolina / suji, all purpose flour, grated khoya, powdered cardamom, baking soda and salt. Add hot water slowly, mix it to form a smooth thick batter.
Leave the batter for some time ( 10 -15 minutes).
For making the malpua:
Melt 1/2 a tsp ghee in a non stick pan on low heat for a few seconds. Take the batter one ladle at a time, with the back of the ladle spread the batter a little(2″-3″) in circular motion in the center of the non stick pan. Drizzle some ghee round the malpua / pancake.
Turnover/ flip the malpuas/ pancakes and cook the other side. Cook for a while till the malpuas’s/ pancake’s edges starts getting red. Remove the malpua from the non stick pan and dip the malpua/ pancake in sugar syrup.
For Sugar Syrup:
Boil sugar, water, and saffron. Keep stirring occasionally and remove from fire when thick.
After a minute or so take out the malpua from the sugar syrup and Place on a plate. Make all the malpuas/ pancakes this way and serve layered in a plate garnished with pistachios and slivered almonds.
Note: Traditionally Malpuas / pancakes are served with rice pudding / chawal ki kheer.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.