Bhindi Kurkuri/Crispy Okra
Hi friends! Here is and easy to prepare crispy Okra/Ladyfingers/bhindi recipe.Available year round, lady finger (Aka Okra) better known as bhindi- can be consumed for its many health benefits.
- 500 grams Okra/Ladyfingers/bhindi
- 1/2 cup Chick pea flour /Gram flour /besan
- 2 tbs spoons rice flour
- 1 tsp Dry mango powder/ Amchur
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin roasted and powdered
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt /or to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Wash the Okra/Ladyfingers/Bhindi very well . Trim the ends and halve each Okra/Ladyfingers/Bhindi vertically first and then slice each half into thin strips.
In a deep bowl take the thin stripes of Okra/Ladyfingers/Bhindi add Chick pea flour /Gram flour /besan, rice flour , salt, cumin powder, red chili powder and Dry mango powder/ Amchur and dry mix well.
Drop handful of quoted slices into the hot oil and deep fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen towel.
Serve hot with Vegetable biryani and pulaos.
Health benefits of Okra/Ladyfingers/Bhindi :
This green, longitudinal gooey-gooey vegetable is used in multiple ways such as, to thicken soups, it can also be eaten sautéed, cooked in typical southern gravy, or even in pickled form. Lady finger is known as a nutritional power and has myriad health benefits because of the plethora of nutrients it contains including minerals, vitamins, fiber and carbohydrates. Check out some of the amazing health benefits of Okra/Ladyfingers/Bhindi
1.Helps you Lose WeightBhindi is low in calorie and is suitable for weight loss purpose. 2. Alleviates Symptoms of Asthma Okra is also rich in Vitamin C, known to alleviate symptoms of asthma.
3.Improves Digestion and Lowers Cholesterol Rich in fiber, bhindi helps with two very common problems faced by people worldwide. One of them is Indigestion. Fiber helps increase bulk of stool by dissolving in water present in the gut. This helps with constipation and straining and makes excretion easy. Second problem that fiber can help with is High Cholesterol. Soluble fiber in gut absorbs cholesterol from food, prevents its absorption and eliminates it from the body.
4.Improves Immunity Bhindi also contains antioxidants along with vitamin C. These constituents of bhindi act as immune boosters against harmful free radicals and also support the immune system.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.