Mixed Veggies stir fry
Stir fry veggies like potatoes, carrots and peas with onions and spices are healthy and delicious. With fresh seasonal green peas and carrots available in winter, it is a nutritious addition to, our menu. Vegetables can also benefit us in many surprising ways. Certain vegetables can help reduce bloating, and others can give your skin a more youthful glow among many other benefits!
Hi friends! Mixed veggies stir fry veggie is a quick and healthy recipe . It can be prepared easily in a short time with the aromatic Indian spices that provide a nice flavor to the dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Course : Main
Cuisine: North Indian
- 2 small size carrots, cut into tiny cubes
- 1 cup green peas ,shelled
- 2 small potatoes , cut into small cubes or / 2 cups potato cubes
- 1 medium size onion / or 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder/ or to taste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder / dry mango powder
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 2/3 tsp salt / or Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Cilantro / coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
Shell and wash the peas , wash and peel the carrots and cut them into tiny cubes, wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into tiny cubes. keep aside.
Heat oil in a wok / kadahi /heavy bottom pan , add asafetida fry for few seconds till colour changes slightly. Add Mustard and cumin seeds . When cumin ,mustard seeds start crackling , add the finely chopped onions. Sauté onions until turn light golden brown in color.
Add turmeric, chili and coriander powder and fry for few seconds. Add cubed potatoes, shelled peas and chopped carrots to the onion spice mix along with salt. Add 1/2 cup water. Mix well Cover and cook on low flame stirring intermittently.
When the vegetables are well cooked add amchoor / dry mango powder mix well and cook for five to six minutes more.
Remove the cooked veggies in a serving bowl. Garnish with finely chopped green coriander. Serve hot with Indian flat breads of choice or boiled rice.
Amchoor /dry mango powder if not available, can be substituted with a tbsp of fresh lime juice.
Where fresh vegetables are not easily available, frozen vegetables can be used.
Health benefits of vegetables :
Eating vegetables provides health benefits – people who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body. Health Benefits.
Do frozen vegetables have nutrients?
Fortunately for those who rely on convenient bags from the freezer aisle, studies suggest frozen veggies have just as many nutrients (if not more) as their fresh counterparts .
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.