Hi friends! Maddur Vade is a very popular snack of the state of karnataka, in India. Maddur Vade got its name from a little town called ‘Maddur’ which is situated in between Bangalore and Mysore. These delicious vade are a good for breakfast or evening snack and can be served with or without coconut chutney . Vade are easy and quick to make and have a crispy crust and soft from inside.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Resting Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 1 to 2 minutes for frying each batch
Serves: 15 vade
- 2 cups Rice flour
- 1 cup fine Sooji/Semolina
- 1/4 cup Maida/ all-purpose flour
- 2 medium size Onions, finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilies , finely chopped
- 8-10 fresh curry leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp oil, heated
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt or / salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Take all purpose flour, sooji, rice flour, salt in a bowl mix all the ingredients well . Sprinkle three table spoon of oil and rub the mixture with your hands so that it resembles bread crumbs and oil is fully absorbed.
Now add onions, chilies, curry leaves to the mixture, adding water slowly make a firm dough.
Cover and leave the dough for about 10-15 minutes.
Divide the dough into equal lemon size balls.Pat and flatten the dough balls between your palms and set aside.
Take the patted dough and slide it carefully into hot oil for deep frying. Fry these vade on low to medium flame.
Fry the vade until they turns golden brown.Remove vade from the oil and drain them on a paper kitchen towel , keep them aside. Fry three to four vade at a time . Serve these hot vade just like that or with coconut chutney.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.