Hi friends!A beginner’s recipe that doesn’t need any expertise.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 15 Laddus
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe Category: Snacks, Mithai
- 1 cup Rava / Sooji /fine Semolina
- ½ cup Coconut , desiccated
- 3/4 cup sugar, Powdered
- 1/2 cup Warm milk
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, crushed in to smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 6 Green cardamoms, peeled and powdered
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 2 tbsp Ghee
Heat a kadhai / wok / or heavy bottom pan and dry roast the semolina for five -seven minutes on a low flame.
Add the desiccated coconut , mix well and fry for 7-8 minutes more. Take out the lightly roasted mixture in a bowl.
Heat one tbsp ghee in the same pan, add the cashew nuts and pistachios flakes fry till they turn light golden brown, add raisins fry for a minute .Remove and keep the fried fruit aside.
Heat remaining ghee in a kadhai / wok / or heavy bottom pan and fry the roasted rava/ sooji / semolina coconut mixture for 7-8 minutes on medium -low flame.
Boil 1/2 cup of milk in a pan add saffron, cardamom powder and sugar. Reduce the heat to low flame till the sugar gets dissolved completely switch off the stove.
Add milk, sugar, saffron and cardamom mix to the fried rava / sooji / semolina coconut mixture. Stir it well add the fried dry fruit. Mix it well and switch off the stove. Cool it for ten -fifteen minutes. Take equal portion of the mixture and shape it in to laddus . You will get fifteen laddus.
- If you prefer a less sweeter version, add 2/3 cups of sugar instead of 1 cup.You can keep the laddus at room temperature for 3-4 days and in the refrigerator for a week.
- I love semolina porridge. The comforting texture and taste, and the fact that it is light on the stomach, have made it one of my favorite foods to enjoy on a chilly night. Browsing through some health information on this wonder grain, I realized it has some stunning health benefits, too!
Amazing Health Benefits of Semolina:
Here’s a short list of what semolina can do for you:
- Semolina is made from durum wheat, so it is digested slowly. This helps you feel full longer and prevents you from overeating.
- Semolina improves kidney function, thanks to its potassium content.
- Add some chopped nuts and raisins to your semolina porridge, and you increase its nutritional content as well as taste.
- Add some chopped vegetables to savory semolina Upma, and you have a power-packed, as well as delicious, meal in a bowl.
- Semolina is a good source of two vital vitamins: E and the B group. Both, as we know, are essential for good immunity from disease.
- For those who lead an active lifestyle, semolina is a quick and nourishing source of energy.
- The trace minerals in semolina, such as phosphorus, zinc and magnesium, are beneficial for the health of your bones and nervous system.
Of course those with gluten intolerance would need to avoid eating semolina.
Nick’s kitchen medical Disclaimer:
- Nick’s kitchen is for Vegetarians. It sometimes provides education and support to individuals who want to become vegetarian, or move toward a more vegetarian diet.
- Nick’s kitchen provides some information on vegetarian and vegan diets to the best of their knowledge and abilities.
- Nick’s kitchen does not claim to be health care professional, nutritionist, nor does it claims to treat any illness through vegan or vegetarian diet.
- If you have a medical condition,Nick’s kitchen recommend that you consult your health care professionals before changing your diet.
- Any changes that you make to your diet, and the results of those changes, are your decision and your responsibility.
2 thoughts on “Rava Laddoos”
Wonderful! Something too good!!!very delicious.
Out of this world! I can say only this much.